If you’re facing purple tint on HDR videos on your PC or Laptop, then this guide will help you. Many users searching for purple tint fix on HDR videos but there are only a few guides are available, but this time I will share the complete solution. The purple tint on HDR video can be fixed by Install Dolby Vision on your PC.
There are many new movies that are released in HDR Dolby Vision mode. Many users getting purple Tint on HDR movies or videos because the movie is Dolby Vision codec. I am also one of the users 😀 who faced these issues after downloading 4K HDR 10 videos from Torrent, after finding the solution I am providing the solution for other users.
About HDR Dolby Vision Technology
Dolby Vision is a revolutionary high-dynamic range (HDR) technology that takes movie viewing to the next level. It enhances the color, contrast, and brightness of the picture, making movies look more realistic and immersive than ever before. By combining HDR with Dolby Vision, filmmakers are able to create stunning visuals that bring stories to life in ways never seen before. With its ability to produce brighter whites and deeper blacks, Dolby Vision can deliver an incredibly lifelike experience for viewers. Whether you’re watching a blockbuster movie or your favorite TV series, Dolby Vision will make sure you get the most out of your viewing experience.
Purple Tint on HDR videos
Here is one of the users posted on Reddit for the purple tint on HDR 10 videos and looking for solutions. You can clearly see Purple Tint, the user also doesn’t know the exact problem and looking for a solution.
How To Fix Purple Tint On Dolby Vision HDR Videos
There are two Solutions to fix the Purple Tint On Dolby Vision HDR Videos. The first one is by setting up your PC Laptop hardware and software and The Second Solution to Fix Purple Tint is by Install Dolby Vision Codec on your Windows PC or laptop.
Solution 1 Fix Purple Tint By Setting UP your PC Hardware and Software
- Turn off overclock on your monitor to limit your refresh rate to 144Hz and lower your data rate.
- Set the DisplayPort version to 1.4 on your monitor.
- Ensure you are connected via DisplayPort if on a PC.
- check your color mode and bit depth in Nvidia Control Panel/ AMD Radeon.
- Enable HDR from Display Settings.
Solution 2 Fix Purple Tint By Install Dolby Vision Codec
1 Download and Install Dolby Vision codec on your PC you can download it from Official Store or Mannuly.
2. Download and Install Manually Dolby Vision 2023 Version v2.2.317.0.A
3. Download The latest Version or The Old version if the new one is not working.
4. Run and Install DolbyVision_HDR_2.2.317.0.AppxBundle.
5. Enable HDR from Display Settings If you want to Enjoy Full HDR Quality (Skip If you don’t have HDR Monitor).
6. Now Search and Open Dolby Vision App and Select a preferable Mode.
7. Now HDR 4K Dolby Vision Movie, Clips Using Microsoft Movies & TV or Pot Player or Km Player.
Yes, Dolby Vision App is free, But not available for all hardware and regions If you can’t install it from Microsoft Official Website, Then you can install it manually by downloading AppxBundle File.
Yes you can Play Purple Tint Free HDR 10 Dolby Vision Video Using Any Player I have mentioned
Yes, You can play but you can’t get the original view that HDR Monitor Provides